We may sometimes make changes to these terms. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under these terms, then we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior to the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use LocalDL after a change to these terms means you accept the new terms.
You must be at least 13 years old to register for an account, and to redeem rewards. You are responsible for your account.
When you register for an account you must provide us with accurate information. If you don’t provide us with accurate information, then we may not be able to assist you with accessing your account.
If you know a user is under the age of 13, please report them to us.
You are responsible for anything that occurs when anyone is signed in to your account, as well as the security of the account. If you believe your account is compromised, you must contact us immediately.
Don’t do bad stuff. Be responsible and use common sense.
You are responsible for the all activity on your account. If you do bad things we may terminate your account. For starters:
- Illegal Activities - Don’t break the law or encourage others to break the law.
- Abuse - Don’t harass or bully others, or promote violence or hatred towards others.
- Personal Information - Don’t distribute others’ personal information or otherwise abuse it.
- Fraud - Don’t post information that is false or otherwise misleading.
- Impersonation - Don’t impersonate anyone. Don’t use another’s account, or allow others to use your account.
- Username Squatting - Don’t create an account to prevent others from using the name or to sell the name.
- Intellectual Property - Don’t infringe on others’ intellectual property rights.
- Spam - Don’t spam others or distribute unsolicited advertising material.
- Malware - Don’t use LocalDL to host or distribute, malicious or destructive software
- Endorsement - Don’t claim endorsement by LocalDL without our prior written approval.
- Service Degradation - Don’t degrade others’ use of LocalDL.
- Data Mining - Don’t crawl, scrape or otherwise index information on LocalDL. If you are doing this to create a useful feature then we may allow it, but you must check with us first.
- Reverse Engineering - Don’t take apart LocalDL to figure out our secret sauce.
If you find a new and creative way to hurt LocalDL or our users, we may take action to prevent it.
We only provide a platform for people to discover the world around them. We do not endorse any content on LocalDL. If you see content that violates these terms, then let us know and we may remove it.
Removing content or terminating accounts is not an action we take lightly and we may take a while to investigate or open the issue up to further discussion with the community.
We are constantly testing out new features with the goal of making LocalDL better. We may add or remove features, and often test features with a random subset of our users. If we believe a feature is significantly different from these terms, then we explain those differences in the test.
With your permission, we may give other websites or services the ability to verify information about your LocalDL account or perform actions on your behalf. This permission is asked for when you connect your LocalDL account to these other websites or services. Information can include the existence of your account, pledge amounts and length of support. Actions can include creating, editing or deleting pledges and any other interaction with creators such as posting messages or liking posts.
You can disable your account by request. We can disable it at our discretion.
We can terminate or suspend your account at any time at our discretion. We can also cancel any pledges and remove any content or rewards at our discretion.
These terms remain in effect after your account is disabled.
You can use our content as part of LocalDL, but can’t use it for anything else without our permission.
Content we create is protected by copyright, trademark and trade secret laws.
You may not otherwise use, reproduce, distribute, perform, publicly display or prepare derivative works of our content unless we give you permission in writing. Please ask if you have any questions.
If someone on LocalDL is using your copyright without permission, then please send an email to email@example.com This is complicated, so make sure to read the long version before you send us an email.
If you believe that any content on LocalDL infringes your copyrights, please send written notice to:
2260 Peachtree Rd NW
Atlanta, GA 30309
This notice should include the following information:
- The electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on their behalf.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the exact location on LocalDL of the content that you claim is infringing. This description must allow us to find and identify the content.
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement by you that: a) you believe in good faith that the use of the content that you claim to infringe your copyright is not authorized by law, the copyright owner, or the owner’s agent, b) all information contained in your copyright notice is accurate, and c) under penalty of perjury, you are either the copyright owner, or authorized to act on their behalf.
If your content has been removed because of a DMCA notice, but you believe the content was not infringing on another’s copyrights, then you may send a written counter-notice to have the content restored. Your counter-notice should include the following information:
- Your electronic or physical signature.
- A description of the content that was removed and the exact location of the content on LocalDL before it was removed.
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address.
- A statement under penalty of perjury that you believe in good faith that the content was removed by mistake or misidentification.
- A statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the U.S. Federal District Court for the judicial district in which you are located, or if you are outside the U.S., the Northern District of California, and that you will accept service of process from the party that originally sent us the DMCA notice.
In appropriate circumstances we may also terminate the accounts of repeat infringers.
If we are sued because of you, you have to help pay for it.
You will indemnify us from all losses and liabilities, including legal fees, that arise from these terms or relate to your use of LocalDL. We reserve the right to exclusive control over the defense of a claim covered by this clause. If we use this right, then you will help us in our defense.
Your obligation to indemnify under this clause also applies to our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and third party service providers.
We do our best to make sure LocalDL works as expected, but stuff happens.
LocalDL is provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind. Any warranty of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, and any other warranty is excluded to the greatest extent permitted by law.
The disclaimers of warranty under this clause also apply to our affiliates and third party service providers.
Limit of Liability
If you lose money as a result of using LocalDL, any payment to you is limited to how much you have paid us, and we don’t have to pay you if your loss is unexpected.
To the extent permitted by law, we are not liable to you for any incidental, consequential or punitive damages arising out of these terms, or your use or attempted use of LocalDL. To the extent permitted by law, our liability for damages is limited to the amount of money we have earned through your use of LocalDl. We are specifically not liable for loss associated with failure to deliver rewards and from losses caused by conflicting contractual agreements.
For this clause “we” and “our” is defined to include our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and third party service providers.
If you have a problem please talk to us, but you are limited in how you can resolve disputes. You waive your right to trial by jury and your right to participate in a class action proceeding.
We encourage you to contact us if you have an issue. If a dispute does arise out of these terms or related to your use of LocalDL, and it cannot be resolved after you talk with us, then it must be resolved by arbitration. This arbitration must be administered by JAMS under its expedited arbitration procedure. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court with jurisdiction. Arbitrations may only take place on an individual basis. No class arbitrations or other grouping of parties is allowed. By agreeing to these terms you are waiving your right to trial by jury or to participate in a class action or representative proceeding, we are also waiving these rights.
We follow the consumer minimum standards for all arbitrations done under these terms. If any portion of these terms do not follow that standard, that portion is severed from these terms.
This clause does not limit either party’s ability to seek injunctive or other equitable relief for disputes relating to intellectual property or proprietary data.
Any disputes with us must be resolved in Atlanta under Georgia law.
Georgia law, excluding its conflict of law provisions, governs these terms and all other LocalDL policies. If a lawsuit does arise, both parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in Atlanta, Georgia.
These terms are the final word on LocalDL’s policies.
These terms and any referenced policies are the entire agreement between you and us, and supersede all prior agreements. If any provision of these terms is held to be unenforceable, that provision is modified to the extent necessary to enforce it. If a provision cannot be modified, it is severed from these terms, and all other provisions remain in force. If either party fails to enforce a right provided by these terms, it does not waive the ability to enforce any rights in the future.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org